Home We Started: A Message from our Founders
1 2 3 Step By Step Academy For Kids was established by my husband and I, Maria T. Navas y Garcia, and Elmer Navas Y Garcia, and we have been doing this for around 13 years. Furthermore, the children are my passion, so we have enough experience in the care and education of children who attend the program.
Throughout my career I have attended numerous conferences and training offered by my community, now I have achieved accreditation from an association of Families Childcare Home, and also got a gold seal from the Department of Children and Families community. Also I have a bachelor degree with more credits in education, but I finished in Science of management In Universidad Phoenix. At this time I’m currently almost finished taking my Masters degree in early childhood.
1 2 3 Step By Step Academy For Kids aims to prepare children of four years make a school transition. We offer VPK or voluntarily pre-kindergarten where these children attend classes on the day by six hours a day and also provides them with food and otherwise offered transportation school. All this at no cost, because these children have government funds, even if the parent needs more care hours. We also offer childcare from 3 months to 13 years.
Our Teaching Goals:
- Teachers in the early childhood program have knowledge of child development as well as skills in teaching young children.
- Teaching staff provides the necessary amount of interaction, monitoring of development, and individualization of planning for each child to learn.
- Our program has an Early Childhood Environment that enables children to learn according to their own development.
- Our program uses Effective Grouping Practices that enable each child to grow and develop to the best of his or her ability.
- Our program has a daily schedule that provides the children with continuity and security.
- Our program involves parents and families as partners in the education of young children.